NAT NEWS

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A BIT OF HEAVEN




The last few days I have been getting frustrated with the language and how difficult it can be. like some words are feminine and some are masculine, for example (thank you) when speaking to a Female you say Obrigada, when speaking to a male you say Obrigado. Now there are a few things like this that take so long to get in my head. It also does not stop there, for things like fridge, couch, chair, table, tv.... and so on. Some of them are feminine and some are masculine, meaning they will end either with an O or A. The one that stumped me the most was the Tv.. ya feminine, now the table and chair being feminine I can grasp, but the tv. hahhahahah come on! It is great how God provides the right things at the right time to give you a nice little touch of heaven. in between classes i was asked to take pics of the students in the school for profiles for all 218 of them. I loved it and had a blast, here is just a few of the cute ones! enjoy!

8 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Cutie kids! Good update...you can do it. One of these days it will just click and you'll be speaking Portuguese like nothing else. Have a good day

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Evan and Allison said...

those are precious! I like the shy girl in the pink... how cute.
portuguese sounds like spanish a bit, there are all sorts of fem and masq stuff. I agree with andrea it will happen, just take it one day at a time.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Karisse said...

Nat, these are great! How fun to take pictures of all these kids! Yeah, I like YWAM connect. It's $10 a month...and it's the only way I could figure out how to let supporters support by credit card. They do take like 10% of the money they send you for taxes or something...but the supporters never forget because your card gets charged!!! Let me know if you need more help!!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Karisse said...

No, it doesn't charge their card more, it takes a bit from what they give to pay for their fees. It's a bit less than 10%...I probably have the number wrong. I have one supporter who has pledged $50, but I only see about $46.20 of it. If they ask if I get all the money I tell them that a small percent goes to the website for taxes on transmitting the money...and sometimes they actually give a bit extra so that I get more of the money. It does suck that they take some of the $$...BUT it's not bad since then the supports do pay regularly (as opposed to the people who only remember every other month or so). I'm trying to get everyone to move over to the credit card thing!!! (and it lists out for you who gave what when on the website)

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey your site looks great! I'm guessing that's how those kids looked before you beat them up for being too noisy. Cute.
Is this where I'm supposed to make a "guy" joke? Ok- so for heavens sake I would have to see a doctor or maybe long nights of prayer to see what's wrong with ________.
Enter Matt.
Be strong, lift your eyes up for the Lord's help, and you can DOOOO it!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger hannah said...

hahahahha nat you crack me up. i didnt know you were in the blogging world! wowzers.
its been a long time.
where are you? haha

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

look at you getting all tricky with your links...very impressed!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger April Lindh said...

Yay Nat, you are a blogger! I'm home in Wisconsin, my parents say hi. I need to e-mail you, South Africa was farely uneventful in a good way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home